U.S. Zinc and EverZinc were Amalgamated by Aterian Investment Partners ("Aterian") to Create a Leading Zinc Chemical Company
In June 2022, U.S. Zinc and EverZinc, two of the biggest makers of zinc chemical products worldwide, were united by Aterian Investment Partners ("Aterian") to create a leading global zinc chemistry company. The new business will be known as EverZinc and have its headquarters in Houston, Texas.
Increasing Use of Zinc Oxide in Cosmetics and Pharmaceutical Applications will Drive the Market
Zinc oxide is a key ingredient in a variety of cosmetic and pharmaceutical products, including foot powders, makeup, bath soaps, and baby lotions. It is found in sunscreens, antiseptic ointments, and calamine creams to protect the skin from UV rays and to prevent sunburn. It is also used as a skin protectant in products such as diaper rash ointments. The development of ZnO nanoparticles has increased their potential in biomedicine, particularly in anticancer and antibacterial fields. These nanoparticles can produce excessive reactive oxygen species, release zinc ions, and induce cell apoptosis.
Reducing the Usage of Zinc Oxide in Feed Application via Laws to Limit Market Expansion
The use of ZnO as a feed addition to treat animals' zinc deficiency led to decreased feed intake and growth, impaired wound healing, alopecia, thymus atrophy, parakeratosis, and impaired immunological function. The usage of ZnO was restricted in Europe to 1500 mg due to these harmful health effects, except for diarrhea and other comparable digestive illnesses. The newly proposed total maximum zinc contents in the complete feed will be 150 mg per kg for piglets, rabbits, sows, salmonids, cats, and dogs, 120 mg per kg for turkeys, and 100 mg per kg for all other species and categories, according to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) Panel on Additives and Products or Substances used in Animal Feed (FEEDAP). The consumption of this newly suggested total maximum amount as a feed additive in Europe would be reduced overall.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
The leading businesses in the zinc oxide market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in 2019, G.H. Chemicals and MicroZinc, two manufacturers of zinc oxide, were purchased by EverZinc. The purchased businesses were renamed EverZinc Canada and EverZinc Refinery by the corporation.
- In July 2021, two new next-generation inorganic sunscreen compounds, based on patent-pending surface modification technology, have been introduced by Vizor LLC. These components can provide much higher SPF values with better performance and less material than traditional zinc oxide ingredients.
- U.S. Zinc
- Zinc Oxide LLC
- Grupo Promax
- Weifang Longda Zinc Industry Co., Ltd.
- Yongchang Zinc IndustryCo. Ltd.
- The market in the Asia Pacific is expected to gain a huge portion of the global Zinc oxide market share in the coming years. The region's sizable manufacturing sector, which includes a number of end-use industries like ceramics, rubber, and medicines, explains this.
- The market for the area is also anticipated to grow due to expanding tyre production in China and India and rising demand for skincare products.
- In North America, the growth in this region is primarily driven by growing demand for cosmetics, more government support, cooperation between big businesses, and zinc oxide production.
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 4.5 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2030
|USD 7.3 Billion
|Compound Annual Growth Rate
|Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)
|By Process, By Application and By Geography