Summit Sustainable Ingredients and ICM Inc. have Entered into a Design-Build Agreement
In 2021, Summit Sustainable components, an affiliate of Summit Agricultural Group, inked a design-build deal with ICM Inc. to establish a wheat protein (vital wheat gluten) components production facility in Phillipsburg, Kansas.
Increasing Public Awareness of the Benefits of Plant-Based Proteins to Drive Market Growth
Due to consumers' shifting taste preferences, many plant-based protein products are on the market. One of them is wheat gluten and the popular goods it produces. Bakeries, functional beverages, and other food industries have a high need for plant-based proteins like wheat gluten. Due to their widespread use across numerous industries, plant-based proteins are readily available. The use of wheat gluten in various goods, including animal feed items, helps farmers rely less on conventional protein sources. Products made with wheat gluten and plant-based proteins also add protein and flavoring. Consumer demand for plant-based protein bars and awareness of healthy lifestyles and weight management are rising. As a result, the demand for wheat gluten in diverse goods will present a market expansion opportunity. Meanwhile, wheat gluten is added to carbonated drinks to enhance the tastes that have been added.
Rising Incidence of Inherited and Chronic Illnesses Caused by Gluten Intolerance may Impede Market Expansion
A protein called gluten is taken out of wheat and other cereals. Gluten sensitivity has been identified in a large number of patients. Celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, and wheat allergy are possible causes of gluten intolerance. Widespread symptoms can be brought on by any of the three types of gluten intolerance. The most serious case of gluten sensitivity is celiac disease. About 1% of the population is afflicted by an autoimmune condition, which can harm the digestive tract. It can result in various symptoms, such as skin problems, digestive problems, mood swings, and more. Bloating, headaches, stomach pain, lethargy, constipation, diarrhea, and bloating are among the non-celiac illness symptoms that are frequently seen. Similar to other allergies, wheat allergy symptoms include skin rash, stomach problems, nasal congestion, and anaphylaxis. Wheat allergies, non-celiac celiac disease, and other chronic and occasionally genetic diseases are among the conditions brought on by gluten intolerance.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
The leading businesses in the wheat gluten market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in January 2022, ADM has announced the establishment of its first Science & Technology Center in China to further its high-quality development in the nutrition and health market. Through such organizational changes, the company has given better services to its customers.
- In 2022, PureField Ingredients announced that it has completed a 50% capacity expansion of its Russell, Kansas facility to fulfill the growing demand for sustainable wheat gluten.
- Cargill Incorporated
- Crespel & Deiters Group
- Glico Nutrition Co., Ltd.
- Manildra Group
- Roquette Frères
- CropEnergies AG
- Anhui Ante Food Co., Ltd.
- ARDENT MILLS
- Bryan W Nash and Sons
- Pioneer Industries Private Limited
- Henan Tianguan Group Co. Ltd
- Meelunie B.V.
- Mühlenchemie GmbH & Co. KG
- Royal Ingredients Group
- Kröner Stärke
- z&f sungold corporation
- The market in North America is expected to gain a huge portion of the global Wheat gluten market share in the coming years. as the vegan population grows, so does the need for meat alternatives, and customers' preferences for high protein-rich diets.
- Furthermore, an increase in R&D initiatives to discover new plant-based proteins is likely to propel the regional market during the forecast period.
- In the Asia Pacific, the growth in this region is primarily driven by an increasing understanding of the advantages of plant-based proteins. Furthermore, increased demand for organic products and market initiatives are fuelling market growth.
|Market Size in 2022||USD 12.2 Billion|
|Market Forecast in 2030||USD 22.02 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||8.80 %|
|Unit||Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)|
|Segmentation||By Category, By Function, By Form, By Application, By Packaging, By Distribution Channel, By End User, and By Geography|
|By Distribution Channel||
|By End User||