BD India Collaborated with the Government's Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT)
In October 2022, to sterilise one of its medical devices, Venflon Pro, using electron beam (e-beam) technology at RRCAT's Indore facility, BD India cooperated with RRCAT, a government institution. Medical equipment can be e-beam sterilised at the facility.
Increased Healthcare Spending Will Fuel Market Growth
Due to rising disposable incomes across the globe, healthcare costs have gone up. Government agencies and healthcare providers are also moving to increase healthcare spending to meet population needs. Healthcare facilities have recently improved their off-site sterilising services due to the surge in healthcare spending. Furthermore, the offsite sterilisation services market will have structural integrity and future potential thanks to the strategic actions that the major market competitors perform.
Offsite Sterilisation of Advanced Medical Equipment to Restrain Market Growth
The offsite sterilisation, cleaning, and disinfection of sophisticated medical devices raises a number of questions. Patients could be at danger of getting HAls if these devices aren't properly sterilised. Additionally, there is an increasing demand for advanced offsite sterilisers that are compatible with the automated endoscope reprocessors (AER) used to clean and disinfect flexible endoscopes after each procedure as a result of the market introduction of technologically advanced instruments like endoscopes and analyzers. Several outbreaks of multi-drug resistant (MDR) microorganisms have occurred as a result of improper sterilisation of crucial medical devices used in endoscopic procedures like bronchoscopy, cystoscopy, and duodenoscopy, which have had major negative effects on patients. Reprocessing these equipment after every use is now a significant barrier for healthcare professionals to meet sterilising standards.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
The leading businesses in the offsite sterilization services market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in June 2022, the Built In article claims that researchers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center created AI-enhanced microscopes to scan blood samples more quickly than is possible with manual scanning for dangerous bacteria like E. coli and staphylococcus. To teach the computers how to look for bacteria, the researchers used 25,000 photos of blood samples. Then, with 95% accuracy, the devices learned to recognise and forecast dangerous pathogens in blood.
List of Key Players Profiled in the Report
- Sterigenics U.S., LLC (Subsidiary of Sotera Health)
- Medistri SA
- E-BEAM Services, Inc
- CRETEX Medical
- Life Science Outsourcing, Inc.
- Quality Tech Services, LLC
- Prince Sterilization Services, LLC
- ClorDiSys Solutions Inc
- Pro-Tech Design and Manufacturing Inc.
- Midwest Sterilization Corporation
- Infinity Laboratories
- Blue Line Sterilization Services LLC
- MICROTROL Sterilisation Services Pvt. Ltd.
- STERILE SERVICES SINGAPORE
- BGS Beta-Gamma-Service GmbH & Co. KG
- B. Braun Sterilog Ltd (a subsidiary of B. Braun Medical)
- Surgical Holdings
- Andersen Scientific, Inc.
- The market in North America is expected to gain a huge portion of the global Offsite sterilization services market share in the coming years. This is because the nation's sterilisation services have benefited from an increase in innovation and technology.
- It is anticipated that hospital-acquired illnesses and rising communicable diseases will propel market expansion.
- In the Asia Pacific, the growth in this region is primarily driven by a sizeable population and expanding medical travel from various rising economies.
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 2.5 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2030
|USD 3.8 Billion
|Compound Annual Growth Rate
|Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)
|By Service Technology, By End Use and By Geography
|By Service Technology
|By End User