Breathalyzers LT7 and LX9 were Introduced by Lifeloc Technologies
In 2020, Launched by Lifeloc Technologies are the breathalyzers LT7 and LX9. These US DOT/NHTSA-approved breathalyzers are made with user-friendliness in mind for the workplace and law enforcement markets.
Stringent Regulations by Government to Accelerate Market Growth
The market is anticipated to develop as a result of strict government restrictions and laws intended to limit the occurrence of driving while under the influence of alcohol. The need for people to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and the increased knowledge of the dangers of drunk driving are two other important market drivers. As a result, there is a higher need for personal breathalyzer testing equipment, which enables users to quickly and simply check their own blood alcohol levels and decide whether to drive or not. For instance, starting on December 1, 2019, the state of New Jersey implemented new drunken driving laws that eliminate licence suspensions for the majority of first offenders while requiring ignition interlocks, the in-car breathalyzers that immobilise a vehicle if the driver's breath tests positive for too much alcohol.
Accuracy Issues of Alcohol Breathlyzers Testing Equipment Could Impede Growth
One of the potential market barrier for the technology used to test for alcohol in breathalyzers is accuracy problems. Despite the fact that breathalyzer testing equipment is typically trustworthy and accurate, there have been instances where the outcomes have been contested in court because of calibration problems or other circumstances. Some users may become sceptical as a result, which may affect demand for the device. Additionally, there can be issues with the equipment's accuracy under specific conditions. One person's medical condition or medication use, for instance, can have an impact on the accuracy of the breathalyzer testing apparatus. This may result in legal issues, especially if the equipment is the only thing presented as proof of drunk driving.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
- The leading businesses in the alcohol breathalyzer testing equipment market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in 2019, Abbott and Intoximeters signed a contract allowing Intoximeters to market Abbott's SoToxaTM Mobile Test System alongside their Alco-Sensor brand breath alcohol testing products. The SoToxaTM Mobile Test System is a handheld oral fluid roadside testing solution that quickly and accurately detects recent drug use.
- Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- Quest Products, Inc.
- Lion Laboratories Ltd.
- C4 Development Ltd.
- Alere, Inc.
- Lifeloc Technologies
- Securetec Detektions-Systeme AG
- Andatech Private Ltd.
- The market in North America is expected to gain a huge portion of the global Alcohol breathalyzer testing equipment market share in the coming years. The highly developed economy, high rates of product adoption, and widespread public knowledge of road safety account for its dominance.
- Because these devices are increasingly often utilised, it is projected that the market will continue to dominate during the forecast period.
- In Asia Pacific, the growth in this region is primarily driven by variables including increasing alcohol consumption and growing public knowledge of drug misuse and alcohol-related mortality.
|Market Size in 2022||USD 8.2 Billion|
|Market Forecast in 2030||USD 12.1 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||6.70 %|
|Unit||Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)|
|Segmentation||By Equipment Type, By Application, By End User and By Geography|
|By Equipment Type||
|By End User||