Mission Critical Push-to-Talk (MCPTT) Specifications were Released by L3Harris Technologies
In 2022, at the International Wireless Communications Exhibition, L3Harris Technologies introduced the Mission Critical Push-to-Talk (MCPTT) standards in 15 of its XL line radios (ICE). Devices from the XL-Series, which provide nationwide interoperability for fire, law enforcement, and emergency medical services, will feature the MCPTT.
Market Expansion Is Fueled By Ongoing Developments
Public Safety Agencies (PSAs) created LMR communication technology for their specialised voice communication systems based on proprietary narrow band radio network systems like TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) or Project 25. (P25). Recently, in December 2020, Telstra and Motorola Solutions teamed together to offer Tasmania's emergency responders and governmental organisations a highly sophisticated, state-wide mission-critical communications network to respond to emergencies effectively. Critical communication systems are responsible for these technological advancements that support massive safety and security monitoring. Its market growth is accelerated internationally by this significant technological advancement.
Limited Spectrum Capacity Will Constrain Market Expansion
Global mobile data traffic has surged recently as a result of quick technological advancements and the expansion of wireless network capacity and coverage. Due to problems with spectrum allocation in the 60 GHz frequency band, the launch of 5G mobile communications services that utilise millimeter-wave frequency bands is probably going to be postponed. The first rollout of the 5G service is anticipated to use the 5 GHz band, which has a smaller channel bandwidth, because it's possible that suppliers won't have enough time to create networks in the 60 GHz band by 2020. The common public radio interface (CPRI) must also be re-split because 5G uses a wider spectrum and the multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) method on a huge scale. Hence, it is anticipated that using the restricted spectrum resources to offer anticipated 5G access rates will constrain industry growth, at least in the coming years.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
The leading businesses in the critical communication market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in November 2020, to support a wide range of system dimensions, including single site systems, regional networks, and national networks for mission- and business-critical applications, Leonardo unveiled their latest TETRA solution.
- In March 2019, for Japan, Motorola Solutions unveiled the MiT5000, a new digital portable radio. For a wide range of professional needs in sectors including hospitality, manufacturing, construction, logistics, and security, the device offers exceptional sound and functionality. High-quality audio that is simple to understand and a volume slider that automatically removes background noise are both characteristics of the MiT5000.
- Ascom (Holding) AG
- AT&T, Inc.
- Cobham Wireless
- Ericsson AB
- Harris Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Hytera Communications Corporation Ltd.
- Inmarsat plc
- Leonardo Company, S.p.A
- Mentura Group Oy
- Motorola Mobility LLC
- Nokia Corporation
- Telstra Corporation Ltd.
- Zenitel Group
- ZTE Corporation
- Airbus Group
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Tait Communications
- The market in North America is expected to gain a huge portion of the global Critical communication market share in the coming years. This is a result of the government's increasing use of digital LMR goods and the increased deployment of sophisticated communication technology.
- The deployment of essential communication infrastructure and technology is thought to be at its highest advanced in North America.
- In the Asia Pacific, the growth in this region is primarily driven by increased attention being paid to building reliable communication infrastructure.
|Market Size in 2022||USD 14.8 Billion|
|Market Forecast in 2030||USD 22.8 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||7.50 %|
|Unit||Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)|
|Segmentation||By Technology, By Offering, By End-Use Vertical and By Geography|
|By End-Use Vertical||