Symphogen (Denmark) And Thermo Fisher Scientific Collaborated To Further Their Strategic Partnership
In 2020, to improve the discovery and development of biopharmaceuticals, Thermo Fisher Scientific extended its strategic partnership with Symphogen (Denmark). QIAGEN N.V. (Germany) was purchased by Thermo Fisher Scientific in order to increase the scope of its specialty diagnostics offering.
Increasing R&D Activites in Emerging Economies to Accelerate Market Growth
Players in the cell dissociation solutions market can expect to find significant growth prospects in emerging markets like China, India, and Brazil. The number of R&D initiatives in the life sciences sector has increased in these nations. For instance, Indian-based pharmaceutical companies are spending a lot of money on research and development to bring new medicines to market. An Indian pharmaceutical company named Cadila Healthcare Ltd. invested USD 113 million (or 13% more) in R&D in 2020 than it did in 2019. Similar to Biocon, another pharmaceutical business with headquarters in India, spent USD 58.79 million on R&D in 2020, a 52% increase from 2019. The country's demand for items involving cell dissociation solution is predicted to rise as a result of these investments.
Ethical Issues With Cell Biology Research To Constrain Business Expansion
Animals and humans must be employed in cell biology research because stem cell therapies and gene therapy studies that use gene recombination use both animal and human cells. In vivo drug toxicity and pharmacokinetic testing also uses these human and animal cells. This is due to the fact that direct testing on people or animals could be dangerous or even lethal. Furthermore, human embryos are often destroyed in stem cell research trials that employ them for medicinal purposes. In a number of nations around the world, strong restrictions have been developed by ethical authorities to regulate these operations. Cell biology research is being significantly constrained in many different countries due to these ethical issues and limitations on the use of cells for study.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
The leading businesses in the cell dissociation solution market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in 2021, a definitive merger agreement between Roche Diagnostics and GenMark Diagnostics was signed in order to have access to cutting-edge technologies for testing several infections in a single patient sample.
- In September 2022, Thermo Fisher unveiled the Orbitrap Ascend TriBrid last month at the International Mass Spectrometry Conference in Maastricht, Netherlands. This premium equipment is intended for proteomic and biopharma applications.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- GE Healthcare
- Merck KgaA
- REPROCELL Inc.
- BIOCOM AG
- Biological Industries USA, Inc.
- BrainBits, LLC
- Himedia Laboratories
- Gemini Bio-Products
- Miltenyi Biotec
- STEMCELL Technologies, Inc.
- Cyagen Biosciences, Inc.
- PromoCell GmbH
- Irvine Scientific
- Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
- The market in North America is expected to gain a huge portion of the global Cell dissociation solution market share in the coming years as a result of encouraging research and development investments in several biotechnology investigations, which frequently need for cell dissociation solutions during the process.
- Furthermore, there are more firms in this area that are involved in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals.
- In the Asia Pacific, the growth in this region is primarily driven by the production of cell dissociation reagents at a lower cost and an increase in the demand for these reagents have led to an increase in biotech start-ups.
|Market Size in 2022||USD 294.9 Million|
|Market Forecast in 2030||USD 872.8 Million|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||14.90 %|
|Unit||Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)|
|Segmentation||By Type, By Product, By Tissue, By End Users and By Geography|
|By End User||