Aeris Cleantec AG, A Premium Air Purifier Business, Was Acquired By Irobot Corp In A Privately Owned Transaction
In April 2021, Consumer robot manufacturer iRobot Corp. announced the acquisition of privately held Aeris Cleantec AG, a leading manufacturer of air purifiers, for an undisclosed sum. With the acquisition, iRobot is now better equipped to develop cutting-edge robotics and intelligent home solutions. Aeris Cleantec AG, a leading manufacturer of air purifiers with headquarters in Switzerland and Germany, was founded in 1900.
Regulatory Policies From The Government That Encourage Monitoring And Reducing Air Pollution Will Stimulate The Market
Governments worldwide have been forced to enact and propose strict legislation for efficient air pollution monitoring and management due to the harmful impacts of air pollution on human health and the environment. Major nations (including the US, Germany, France, Japan, China, India, and Canada) have implemented a range of laws and policies to track air pollution and frequently gauge the quality of the ambient air in urban areas. During the projection period, there is likely be a rise in demand for home air purifiers due to the increased implementation and adoption of rigorous government rules for effective air pollution monitoring and management across key industries.
Technical Issues With Products For Monitoring Air Quality To Limit Market Growth
Despite increasing demand for air purification worldwide, the primary mechanism is facing some difficulties. For instance, the technical limitations of air quality monitoring products are anticipated to limit market revenue growth. Most standalone and portable air purifiers can only monitor the air quality in a small area, and they lack the ability to gather data in three dimensions, limiting how widely they are used. Additionally, air purifiers require routine maintenance to operate well and do not completely resolve issues with air quality. When air purifier filters get old, they worsen the air quality and some of them even emit ozone, which can harm the lungs and olfactory cells over time. These and other obstacles prevent the market's revenue growth from accelerating throughout the anticipated term.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
The leading businesses in the air purification market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in October 2021, Two new hot and cold air purifiers were introduced by Dyson. This air purifier has a fully sealed HEPA 13 standard filtration system that captures 99.95% of particles as small as 0.1 microns.
- April 2022: A new HomeKit-compatible air purifier from Smartmi has UV sterilisation. The special sterilising procedure helps those with allergies and children's health by removing bacteria and viruses.
List of Key Players Profiled in the Report
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- LG Electronics, Inc
- Unilever PLC
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Sharp Electronics Corporation
- COWAY Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Further Report Findings
- The market in North America is expected to gain a huge portion of the global air purification market share in the coming years due to a number of factors, such as a larger urban population with increased discretionary money, industrialization, and expansion of urbanisation.
- Increasing smog and air pollution incidences, particularly in China and India, are also projected to increase the use of air purification, supporting regional market expansion.
- In the Asia Pacific, the growth in this region is primarily driven by existing in these countries, specifically IQAir North America Inc. and Honeywell International, Inc.
|Market Size in 2022
|USD 12.5 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2030
|USD 22.1 Billion
|Compound Annual Growth Rate
|Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)
|By Technology, By Application and By Geography