By Acquiring Mint 32 Dentistry, Advanced Cosmetic & Family Dentistry
In June 2021, Mint 32 Dentistry was acquired by Advanced Cosmetic & Family Dentistry. The acquisition aimed to offer patients advanced dental care, including periodontics, endodontics, and cosmetic dentistry, among other services.
Prevalence of Dental Disorders is Rising, which is Driving the Market Growth
The rise in the prevalence of dental disorders is the main factor driving the cosmetic dentistry market's revenue growth. Globally, it is estimated that more than 2.0 billion people have caries in their permanent teeth, compared to more than 530 million people who have caries in their primary teeth. The rapid urbanization occurring, especially in developing nations, and changing lifestyle patterns can be largely blamed for the rising incidence of dental and oral diseases. Orthodontic braces can assist in straightening outcropping teeth, which can greatly improve dental health by lowering the risk of decay and gum disease. Also, straighter and properly aligned teeth are easier to clean, enhancing dental hygiene and a person's smile.
Dental Complications Related to Cosmetic Procedures May Limit the Market Growth
Over the projected period, complications related to cosmetic dentistry could limit market revenue growth. Dental and periodontal issues might result from cosmetic dentistry operations like dental bridge therapy. This is consequently reducing the desire for cosmetic dental operations. Dental bridges may impair the bone structure of teeth being treated because they may promote bone degeneration. Additionally, the bonding and de-bonding of orthodontic devices might cause enamel damage in patients who choose orthodontic treatment. Such aesthetic dentistry-related issues may limit the global market's expansion to some extent.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
The leading businesses in the cosmetic dentistry market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in May 2022, Invisalign-trained clinicians can track their patient's treatment progress with the help of Asana smiles, which Asana Inc. offers as part of their strategic collaboration with Align Technology.
Notable Industry Development
- August 2022: Biolase,Inc. Cooperation with American postgraduate dentistry specialty programs has been announced, exposing postgraduate students to the advantages of tissue laser and waterless technology
List of Key Players Profiled in the Report
- 3M Company
- Align Technology, Inc.
- DENTSPLY Sirona
- Envista Holdings
- Henry Schein
- Kuraray Co. Ltd.
- Planmeca Group
- Roland DG
- Straumann Holdings AG
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
Further Report Findings
- The market in North America is expected to gain a huge portion of the global cosmetic dentistry market share in the coming years. The market growth in the region is projected to be fueled by factors like high acceptance and openness toward cosmetic treatments and rising appearance consciousness.
- Growing government support for dental programs, particularly in the U.S. and Canada, and rising R&D activities in dentistry are projected to propel the sub-growth. segment's
- In Asia Pacific, the growth in this region is primarily driven by increasing disposable income, a rising propensity for cosmetic dental health improvement, and a sizable population in the area.
|Unit||Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)|
|Segmentation||By Product Type, By End User, By Age Group and By Geography|
|By Product Type||
|By End User||
|By Age Group||