Medline Purchased Médi-Sélect to Gain New Customers
In January 2020, Medline purchased Médi-Sélect, a medical and dental supply distributor in Canada. This acquisition will assist Médi-Sélect in gaining new customers in the country, thereby increasing revenue growth.
Increase in Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAIs) Throughout the World to Drive Market Growth
HAI is becoming a growing concern in healthcare facilities around the world. According to the WHO, 10 out of 100 hospital patients in developing countries and seven in developed countries are reported to have HAIs. Patients exposed to infectious agents are more likely to contract hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). HAIs was named one of the top five causes of death. Some of the most common hospital-acquired infections include surgical infections, urinary tract infections, pulmonary infections, and bloodstream infections. As a result, using PVC medical gloves may play a significant role in avoiding cross-contamination and reducing the risk of spreading infection, propelling the market.
Allergies Associated with PVC Medical Gloves To Limit Market Grosrg
The allergic components in PVC glove products can cause factors like allergies when they come into direct contact with the body. As a result of skin contact with latex, frequent allergy symptoms include itchiness, inflammation, redness, and swelling. In addition, the US FDA said that most powdered gloves would no longer be sold in the country. The proposed restriction covers absorbable powder used to lubricate a surgeon's glove and powdered patient inspection gloves.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
The leading businesses in the PVC medical gloves market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in August 2019, top Glove Corporation Bhd partnered with Malaysia's University Teknologi to carry out its glove research. The company was able to expedite its R&D activities and produce new products thanks to this strategic alliance.
List of Key Players Profiled in the Report
- Supermax Corporation Berhad
- Top Glove Corporation Berhad
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Semperit AG Holding
- Ansell Limited
- SHEILD Scientific
- Berner International GmbH
Further Report Findings
- The market in North America is expected to gain a huge portion of the global PVC medical gloves market share in the coming years because of several causes, such as an increase in surgical procedures and an increase in the prevalence of infectious infections.
- The market is anticipated to be driven by the rising incidence of surgical interventions caused by chronic illness prevalence, traffic accidents, and other reasons.
- In the Asia Pacific, the growth in this region is primarily driven by raising safety and sanitary standards in all types of healthcare facilities in developing nations.
|Unit||Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)|
|Segmentation||By Form, By Application, By Usage, By Sterility, By Distribution Channel, By End-Use and By Geography|
|By Distribution Channel||