DuPont and Celanese have a Deal whereby DuPont will Sell Celanese the Majority of its Mobility and Materials Business
In February 2022, DuPont and Celanese have a deal in place to sell Celanese the majority of the mobility and materials business. 3.5 billion USD in net sales are represented by this binding agreement in the business lines of performance resins and innovative solutions. With unmatched manufacturing capability, scale, and technical expertise, the company will be able to develop a market-leading portfolio and serve the consumer, automotive, and industrial markets.
Growing Demand for Polypropylene in the Automotive Industry Will Fuel Market Expansion
The demand for polypropylene (P.P.) is anticipated to rise in the construction, automotive, and medical sectors. It is extremely economical and provides chemical resistance in auto parts used in the automotive industry. The demand for individual vehicles has increased due to the expanding population and emerging economies, which has aided market expansion. It is also used in the automotive industry and has applications in the medical sector. It shields medical equipment from moisture and offers high flexural strength and resistance to harsh weather conditions. These elements are probably going to fuel the resin market's expansion.
Unstable Raw Material Prices to Limit Market Growth
Raw resin materials include hydrocarbon fuels like sand, salt, natural gas, coal, crude oil, and coal. Natural gas is used extensively in polyethylene (P.E.) production because it is widely available and reasonably priced there. Due to the intense competition in the area, resins are in high demand, and P.E. producers export many of their products. Global price volatility for the resin is anticipated to continue due to supply-demand fluctuations. Most raw materials are produced in the downstream petrochemical processes. Political unrest, supply-demand imbalances, and seasonal variations are the main causes of crude oil price volatility.
Major Players Develop Acquisition Plans to Boost Brand Image
The leading businesses in the resin market plan acquisitions to improve their brand recognition globally. For instance, in June 2021, Iupital MA series, a polyacetal resin of medical grade, was created by Mitsubishi Engineering-Plastics. This line of goods allows better design options for compact and lightweight medical equipment and devices by offering a variety of high-rigidity, standard, low-friction, and high-flow grades.
Notable Industry Development
- February 2022: RegXcellence, a new service for regulatory excellence for plastic additives, was introduced by BASF. RegXcellence offers digital solutions with advisory support to streamline the management of regulatory issues and hasten innovation opportunities. This launch will facilitate specialized access to a variety of international regulatory support.
List of Key Players Profiled in the Report
- DuPont (U.S.)
- Arkema (France)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- INEOS Holdings Ltd. (U.K.)
- Hexion (U.S.)
- Invista (U.S.)
- Lyondellbasell (Netherlands)
- Mitsubishi Engineering-Plastics Corporation (Japan)
- Mitsui Chemicals (Japan)
- Nova Chemicals (Canada)
- Qenos (Australia)
- Radici Group (Italy)
- SABIC (Saudi Arabia)
- Repsol (Spain)
- Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Teijin Limited (Japan)
- Tosoh Corporation (Japan)
- Toray Group (Japan)
Further Report Findings
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to gain a huge portion of the global resin market share in the coming years due to the existence of significant plastic-producing and -consuming nations like China and India.
- The region also has affordable access to labour and raw materials, allowing for the establishment of various manufacturing facilities.
- In Europe, the growth in this region is primarily driven by because the automotive industry is using it more and more. Due to their favourable physical characteristics, such as corrosion prevention, electrical insulation, and other attributes, plastics are used in automobiles.
|Unit||Revenue (USD Million) and Volume (Kilo Tons)|
|Segmentation||By Type, By End User, and By Geography|
|By End Use||