Video surveillance as a service or called as VSaaS is a cloud-based video surveillance. This service includes various things such as data storage, video recording, management alert, remote viewing, cyber security and many more. Video surveillance as a service is used to store every video data from camera and save it in cloud and user can easily access this data through any smartphone’s app or web browser.
Continuously growing adaptation of cloud-based services in various industries such as commercial, transportation, banking & finance, government, retail and others is paving a way to successful market for VSaaS. Furthermore, growing demand for real-time surveillance data and customized video surveillance system creates the market for the video surveillance as a service. In addition, VSaaS requires low cost in installation and maintenance which may further grow the market for video surveillance as a service in up-coming years.
Leading companies operating in information technology sector have been working towards advanced development in cloud-based services to offer various advance features in video surveillance as a service. But VSaaS stores the data on cloud, and cloud has multi-tenant environment so there might be chances of data being misused. Along with that, data is stored in real time so there are be chances of data being misused or hacked by unauthorized person. All these factors create the barrier and can hamper the market for VSaaS.. Some of the key players in the market include ADT, Johnson Controls, Axis Communications AB, Bosch Security Systems, Brivo Systems LLC, Cisco Systems, Inc., Honeywell International, Inc., IndigoVision Group plc., Verint Systems, Inc. and Genetec Inc.
Trends and Future Outlook:
- Growing advancement in retail sector creates the demand for the VSaaS.
- In recent years, demand for cloud-based services have become a major trend and VSaaS is going to help for advancement.
- Many emerging countries investing in development of smart cities which creates the market for VSaaS market.
- Axis Communications company launched some products and solutions against Covid-19 pandemic situation.
- In May 2020, Motorola Solutions, declared some video security and analytics portfolio design.